a df option question

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: a df option question
On my Red Hat 7.3 box, df doesn't have a -B
option. df --version gives:

df (fileutils) 4.1
Written by Torbjorn Granlund, David MacKenzie,
Larry McVoy, and Paul Eggert.

Copyright (C) 2001 Free Software Foundation,
Inc.
This is free software; see the source for
copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Have them do that with the --version option and
the --help output. What does it say?

Alan

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:30:16 -0700
wrote:

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 10:59:26AM -0700, Lynn
David Newton wrote:

> I have a couple of students using Mandrake on

laptops
> who reported to me that df -B MB is a valid

option for
> df on their system. They even supply output

showing
> what it does.
>
> I've never heard of such an option in any

version of
> Unix I've ever used. Mandrake is based on Red

Hat,
> which uses the GNU tools for all the most

standard
> utilities, right?
>
> Does anyone know anything about this? I'd love

to see a
> df(1) man page off a Mandrake system.

I'm using a stock copy of GNU's fileutils on my
LFS system -- df -B MB is
not a valid option, and neither is just plain
'ol df -B. Mandrake or RedHat
must have patched them (like they _always_ seem
to do...).

--
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate

http://tank.webhop.org