fstab help

Author: Jeffrey Pyne
New-Topics: Voice Your Opinion RE: Microsoft Enterprise Agreement
Subject: fstab help
Does it work if you mount the share 'by hand' (mount -t smbfs -o
username=foo,password=bar //mutt/d /mnt/mutt_d)? You show a "userid" option
in your fstab. Is that a typo? I believe that should be "username." Do
you have the smbfs module compiled (lsmod | grep smbfs)? Is smbfs a valid
fstype (grep smbfs /proc/filesystems)? Is the D:\ drive on Mutt a hidden
share? If so, try putting a $ after the remote filesystem column in the
fstab (//mutt/d$). Does smbclient -L mutt -U <username> show that Mutt has
that share available?

~Jeff

On Thursday, June 06, 2002 11:42 PM, Tom Achtenberg sent: