Connecting Linux desktop users to a Windows file server?

Author: Jeffrey Pyne
New-Topics: Jeff is da man!! (Was: Connecting Linux desktop users to a Windows file server?)
Subject: Connecting Linux desktop users to a Windows file server?
I have lines like this in my /etc/fstab for mounting Windows shares to my
Linux workstation:

//ms_file_server/share_name    /mnt/share_name    smbfs
noauto,user,username=ntuser,workgroup=NT_DOMAIN_NAME   0   0

The "user" option means that a non-root user is able to mount that
filesystem. To mount that share, the user would just have to type "mount
/mnt/sharename" and then enter their Windows password. All of the files in
that filesystem will then be owned by the user who mounted it.

~Jeff