stupid web question

Author: VB
Subject: stupid web question
Hi,

I am getting ready to make my e-smith webmail server visible/accessible from
the Internet. I have purchased a domain name from Verisign. But I do not
have a DNS server. Verisign requires that I give them the names of two
DNS servers. I don't understand why ***I*** need a domain server. I
understand why ***you*** need one, so that ***you*** can translate
domain name to ip. But why do I need one at all?

SO I need to get two DNS servers; since I already have my own particular
domain name, what should I do? I don't have any extra computers
laying around to set up bind.

Is there anything else I need to do to get "mydomainname.com" to work; I
mean is there anything else I need to do to get myself visible, accessible
from the Internet, or anthing else I need to do to keep Verisign happy? (I
realize these questions are not well-worded, sorry.)

Thanks

Eric