SCSI controller card

Author: j
Subject: SCSI controller card
Does anyone know of a good SCSI card for linux?

I recently got an external RAID server that connects to a SCSI card with a
cable that I just happened to have laying around.
When I boot the box with the stuff connected and turned on,
it checks the ram and everything and then shows me a SCSI card bios thing,
Then it recognizes all the scsi harddrives in the thing and goes to LILO.
Having already set up the card (with kudzu), I boot and login, I look for
stuff in /dev and find nothing, not even in /dev/scsi/*, and MAKEDEV didn't
work either.

I looked on the web and found that the card I was using,
an NCR 53C825 based card, was incompatible with linux.
I think that is the problem because I tried plugging in an internal SCSI drive
I had laying around and got the exact same result.

Any suggestions?

Eric