ghost fonts/images

Author: Matt
Subject: ghost fonts/images
I'm using SuSE Personal 7.3 (I'll explain this to you off list, Kevin)
and it has "ghosts" like some local TV channels - a distortion of
something that is there that follows immediately after it. Like after
that last "t" in the last sentence, there is a faint "t" immediately
following it, along with every other last letter of a word, every
window, every everything in KDE and Gnome. I guess the ghosts can be
best described as looking like they're carved into the empty space. It's
not noticeable from a few feet away, but up close it is very annoying,
and looks very horrible. Is this making sense to anyone? If so, can you
help me?