Linux Computer Store and Cafe

Author: Thomas Mondoshawan Tate
New-Topics: X11 through OpenSSH problems
Subject: Linux Computer Store and Cafe
Anybody have any success in forwarding X11 ports with OpenSSH? I'm
attempting to do this simple task by starting the SSH session from an xterm
like so:

[crystaldragon:~]$ ssh -C -X thing

But when I successfully establish the connection to thing, $DISPLAY is not
set. Thing and Crystaldragon are both running the same version of OpenSSH,
compiled exactly the same way on both sides. Additionally, the config files
are the same (they also have X11Forwarding set to yes in the
/etc/ssh/sshd_config and /etc/ssh/ssh_config files). Additionally, the
/tmp/.X11-unix file doesn't exist. Any ideas?

--
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate

http://tank.dyndns.org