installed kernel configuration

Author: Kevin Brown
Subject: installed kernel configuration
or do what I do. Get the src.rpm of the kernels from Redhat. install it (rpm
-ivh kernel*.src.rpm), then go to /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES and look for the
config files there. They are usually named kernel-<version>-<proc type>-<build
type>.config.

e.g. kernel-2.4.18-i686-enterprise.config

copy that to /usr/src/linux/.config

Now you have the config that redhat used.