Bigots or beating a dead horse

Author: Craig S.
Subject: Bigots or beating a dead horse

> Message: 13
> From: Jim <>
> Subject: Bigots
> Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:21:50 -0700
>
> Ok - time for everyone to back off a bit. I, like many others, took the
> original flame bait about XP. Who really cares if it is better than previous
> products? I guess what surprised me is that this is a PRO-LINUX group.
> Extolling virtues should be limited to extolling the virtues of Linux.
>
> We are not, never have been, and never will be if I have anything to say
> about it, an anti-Microsoft group. We are here to help each other and
> support each other. The closer we all (including me) stay to that ideal, the
> better off we all will be.
> - --
> Jim
>
> Freedom is worth preserving
>

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 14
> Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:49:20 -0500
> From: Mike <>
> Subject: Re: Bigots
> Well said, and you have my support
>
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 08:21:50AM -0700, Jim wrote:
>
> Ok - time for everyone to back off a bit. I, like many others, took the
> original flame bait about XP. Who really cares if it is better than previous
> products? I guess what surprised me is that this is a PRO-LINUX group.
> Extolling virtues should be limited to extolling the virtues of Linux.
>
> We are not, never have been, and never will be if I have anything to say
> about it, an anti-Microsoft group. We are here to help each other and
> support each other. The closer we all (including me) stay to that ideal, the
> better off we all will be.
> - --
> Jim

M$ OS'es are good for end-user apps that require little to no security. If you just want to browse the web, send some e-mail, IRC, and
play games then M$ OS'es are probably for you.
If you want to do any kind of serious software dev, need a RTOS, want a secure system/network to store sensitive info then a *nix system
is for you.
It is up to the user/company to figure out what levels of security, type of usage, and kinds of information stored on systems/networks.

Now that being said, $200+ for a simple end user OS is just ridiculous. An OS of that caliber should sell for around $50 in my opinion.

Craig S.