blanking CD hangs my system

Author: Lynn David Newton
Subject: blanking CD hangs my system
>> The backup script I wrote first makes the ISO
>> image of selected files, then blanks the disk,
>> then records. During the blanking sequence it runs
>> fine until the very end, when it's doing some sort
>> of finalizing magic,

Nancy> I believe this is area is finalizing the session ( closing the session )..

Nancy> sometimes this can take longer than the actual burn itself ..

Nancy> cdrecord does im happy to say do it properly ...

I'm using cdrecord. It hangs.

  Nancy> 1.    trying a newer version of cdrecord

Yes.

  Nancy> 2.    see if there are any reports of Firmware issues if so upgrade it

I should try that. But one day it worked, the next day
it didn't.

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ