RH7.2 for Alpha??

Author: der.hans
Subject: RH7.2 for Alpha??
Am 26. Feb, 2002 schwätzte Carl Parrish so:

> Okay I think I'm going to make it a Debian box. (just because I could
> find the bloody iso). It looks like Compaq has a version of RedHat 7.2
> for Alpha but I couldn't find it on their website. Its going to take me
> about 3 hours to download the first disk. I should be thankful though a
> lot of the mirrors just skip the alpha disks.

With debian the first CD is all you need if you have a network connection
unless you need a boot image or something off another CD to install a
minimal setup. After that apt-get your way through life.

apt-get install task-wall-o-monitors solar-panels task-battery-room oc192
oc192-backup

Ah, if debian just provided more of the necessities of life ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--
# http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/ http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
# Stell dir vor, es ist Krieg und keiner geht hin...