I know this can be done: IMAP, Procmail, SquirrelMail

Author: Anthony Hologounis
Subject: I know this can be done: IMAP, Procmail, SquirrelMail
Hello

I just know this can be done.

I have a RH7.2 box that is running postfix and I use Qpopper to pop the mail
to the clients.

I just installed SquirrelMail which is a web based email client but
discovered it needed IMAP to work .
I am new to IMAP and at first glance it seems to be more difficult then POP
to set up , but I digress.

I am using UW IMAP and I recompiled it to point to $HOME/Mail
SquirrelMail is able to create folders in $HOME/Mail and all is good
As a side note , with respect to IMAP the INBOX is /var/spool/mail/$USER
INBOX.trash, INBOX.Sent etc exist in $HOME/Mail. I am assuming that this is
as it should be....

Heres the problem.
I want to use Procmail to filter the mail for the user and I am able to get
procmail to work BUT when I run SquirrelMail and check the mail the only mail
that will show up as NEW is any mail not filtered by Procmail, ie: any mail
that ends up in /var/spool/mail/$USER will be seen as NEW.

If the mail IS filtered by Procmail it will be put into the respective file
in $HOME/Mail/"somefile"

SquirrelMail will see "somefile" but any mail inside that "folder" is not
shown as NEW . So I have to open the "somefile" folder in SquirrelMail to see
whats in it. There is no initial gratification of knowing how many new pieces
of mail await me. Does that make sense?

At first thought, is there a way for Procmail to flag the message as NEW
after it has been processed?

Thanks for the help

Anthony Hologounis