SSCP program? kinda off-topic.

Author: foodog
Subject: SSCP program? kinda off-topic.
I know there are a couple of CISSPs on the list. I'm wondering if
anyone has any firsthand experience with the ISC2's SSCP certification
(or CISSP) they'd be willing to share?

>From the website it looks like a good cert for someone interested in

infosec work. One of the things that I'm leary of are the continuing
education requirements for certification beyond the initial 3 years.
If, for example, I'd have to take multiple classes from SANS (for
example) at $2400.00 a pop, that'd more than dispose of any pay raise
I'd get as a result of the cert. That'd bite. If I could retake the
test for $250 that wouldn't be so bad... BTW, I know SSCP only
materialised last year, but ISC2's been around awhile.

It looks like there's only one in-state test date this year, April 13,
so I'm trying to get whatever info I can as quickly as I can.

TIA,
Steve