PNUG feedback?

Author: foodog
Subject: PNUG feedback?
Matt Alexander wrote:

> Is anyone here a member of PNUG (Phoenix Network Users Group)? I picked
> up a pamphlet at a computer conference a couple months ago and I just
> checked out their website (www.pnug.org). They seem to be primarily
> focused on Novell Netware, however. I was thinking about attending their
> next meeting on the 21st. Apparently you have to pay to be a part of the
> group, so I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on how worthwhile this
> group is.
> Thanks,
> ~M

I've been a member for quite a few years (easily >7, I'm sure) by virtue
of some entity at my work who (apparently) keeps paying the dues...
strange story.

Although I've never actually attended a meeting, I've dutifully read the
stuff that they mail and "faxblast" monthly. It seems like a
well-organized group -- looks very valuable for making local
professional contacts.

Until a couple of months ago PNUG *did* stand for Phoenix Netware Users
Group; they decided to widen the focus to all things networking. Hmm,
they have a yearly golf tournament, monthly speakers, you'll get tickets
to ITEC... monthly newsletter, the occasional fax. I expect they might
let you visit a meeting to see if you want to join.

HTH,
Steve