Sprint/Cox, routers, and DNS

Author: Gary Nichols
Subject: Sprint/Cox, routers, and DNS
I was one of the first testers of sprint broadband in the north phoenix
area (back in.... what was it... 1999?) and I found that their DNS servers
were slow as hell. I did the same as you, and the first lookup was always
slow - but after that it was fast. :-) I also installed squid for some
web caching and was loving life. I eventually switched from Sprint to
Qwest VDSL (ChoiceTV) because my signal quality sucked and I was tired of
power-cycling my cable modem every day. YMMV