Help on apache error

Author: Kimi A. Adams
Subject: Help on apache error
--=======6F9C7BB2=======

I am not sure if this is the answer at all. But I have always had to
symlink the docs to the docs folder. I can never get it to work without
this. just ln -s ../docs docs. If this doesn't work, let me know if you
find something else that works cause I think it might fix my problem as well.

Kimi Adams
Unity Wave

At 12/29/01, you wrote:

>Hello,
>

>I am getting the following error when I try to access a symlink on my
>Apche web server
>
>[error] [client 192.168.0.83] client denied by server configuration:
>/var/www/html/doc
>
>doc is the symlink to a doc folder under /usr/share
>
>'doc' folder is owned by apache:apache and the permissions are all right.
>
>Following is the <Directory> entry in httpd.conf
>
><Directory "/var/www/html">
>Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
>AllowOverride None
>Order allow,deny
>Allow from all
></Directory>
>
>The problem is only with the symlink park. Any help?
>
>Sundar

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---