wireless & wep

Author: der.hans
Subject: wireless & wep
Am 29. Dec, 2001 schwätzte so:

> Just got my wireless card (ambicom) that I bought today
> working. Except I can not get the wep configured properly
> to function.
>
> I borrowed a SMC AP from work today to get all this working,
> and once I disable wep, everything works just fine (using it
> right now :-) Still can't get everything to work under a 2.4.15
> kernel, but the 2.2.19 running right now has no prob's (having
> a hard time getting pcmcia-cs to compile right under 2.4)
>
> Can anyone give me any pointers in getting wep to work.

Yeah, don't bother :). Trivially breakable, so you should be a higher level
auth to allow access.

For the 2.4.x kernels the drivers should be in the kernel and no longer in
a seperate pcmcia package. Try a vanilla kernel package from your dist.

If you get that working, you might be able to figure out how to build your
own if you still want to.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/ http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
# "... the social skills of a cow on acid." - der.hans