Printing to windows printers

Author: Craig White
Subject: Printing to windows printers
Tom Achtenberg wrote:

> The print config on the Linux box includes the IP of the NT server, the admin
> user ID and PW and the workgroup. On the NT box "Everyone" has prnt
> privledges.

----
1 - what is your output of 'rpm -qa|grep foo' ?

  - does it look like:
    Omni-foomatic-0.5.0-4
    foomatic-1.1-0.20011018.7

2 - when we last tried this, you were dealing with two separate
printers. Let's take one at a time, probably the laser printer since it
is much easier...

- what kind of printer is it? Which printer are you picking from
printconf-gui?

3 - what is output of /etc/printcap?

4 - can you print a test page from printconf-gui?

5 - can you let us know any output from /var/log/messages & WindowsNT
Event Viewer that suggests that the print job was queued, denied,
abandoned?

6 - is lpd running? what is output of 'ps aux|grep lpd' ?

Craig