nmap on Redhat?

Author: Patrick Fleming EA
Subject: nmap on Redhat?
I don't think that nmap comes with the default install (it's not on my
cds) As far as the logs, unless you have the kernel logging *everything* y
ou probably won't see the port activity. That said nmap is a great tool
which I use on my network to do exactly what you are talking about-
finding out what is running.
You might also just look in inted.conf or xinetd.conf depending on the
version of RH to find out what is setup to run.