computer networkers, please rise

Author: Dallas Helquist
Subject: computer networkers, please rise
Some notes:
Unless you are setting up box "b" to be a bridge, the interfaces should have
address's on different ip networks (according to your diagram). Make eth0
192.168.1.x 255.255.255.0 and eth1 192.168.2.x 255.255.255.0. In
/proc/sys/net/ipv4 there is a file called ip_forward. It should contain the
number "1" if you want your box to forward packets (ie, route). To do this
do the following: echo '1' > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Now, box a should know how to NAT/Masq for the 192.168.2.x network as well
as the 192.168.1.x network. Also, on box A do a route to point the
192.168.2.x network through the ip address of the 192.168.1.x on box b.
That way box A knows how to get to box C. Confused yet?

-dallas