HDTV & Computer VGA output - WAS: Need suggestions for wirel…

Author: Matt Alexander
Subject: HDTV & Computer VGA output - WAS: Need suggestions for wireless keyboard/mouse & TV setup
I'm currently looking into getting an HDTV that supports up to XGA
resolutions. There are several on the market that are rather spendy, but
I saw one at Fry's the other day made by Sampo that was more reasonable in
price ($2499). It would allow you to plug a VGA cable from your computer
directly into it. From my research on the 'net, getting anything other
than 640x480 out of an HDTV without the VGA port is a pain because
standard computer resolutions higher than 640x480 are not supported.
There is software for Windows called "PowerStrip" that makes getting
computer resolutions on your HDTV easier, but there's nothing that I've
been able to find for Linux, so that's why I'm looking for an HDTV that
has the VGA input and already handles the translation of computer
resolutions automatically.
~M

__
This email uses only 100% recycled electrons.