SUSE or RedHat

Author: David Mandala
Subject: SUSE or RedHat

------_=_NextPart_001_01C180D1.7D33EE00

Use Redhat 7.2 you will get better support for Oracle on that. Come to a
Linux Stammtisch and someone will help you get it setup and running.

To your specific questions:

1) Look at the Redhat compatibility page.
2) Use Grub which is easier to use and more flexable. Redhat 7.2 uses it by
default.
3) No, startign in /usr/src/linux type "make menuconfig" if in text mode or
"make xconfig" in graphics mode and you will be presented with a menu of
options, from there follow instructions on makeing kernels.
4) http://www.linuxdoc.org/