bigslack again

Author: Thomas Mondoshawan Tate
Subject: bigslack again
--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 10:42:29PM -0700, robert jorgenson wrote:
> no the kernel mounted fine and i booted it with loadlin...i think it was
> one of 2 things...the thing said to unzip them into the top level of my HD
> and i didn't :( my fault...so i gotta spend about another 90 minutes

> uzipping 800 MB's worth of files again :( OR i put in the wrong mount
> point for root...i put in hda1 which i think is right but i am not sure a=

nd
> dont know how to tell...fdisk wont tell me for a fat32 filesystem for some
> reason

=46rom windoze, just issue a "move wherever\linux \" and it should do it in
less than 2 seconds. =3Dop

As for the mount point, the setup goes like this:
   hda1
  =20
   a - The letter of each IDE device
       (eg: a is first master, b is first slave, c is second master, etc.)
   1 - The partition number (extended partition id numbers are >5)
  =20
So if your Linux partition resides on your first slave drive on the second
partition, the device name would be /dev/hdb2.

--=20
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate

http://tank.dyndns.org

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV