filter for converting from abiword to word and vice versa

Author: Derek Neighbors
Subject: filter for converting from abiword to word and vice versa
Try

http://www.wvware.com/#wv

Provided with the wv distribution is an application called wvWare. wvWare
is a "power-user" application with lots of command-line options, doo-dads,
bells, and whistles. Less interesting, but more convenient, are the helper
scripts that use wvWare. These are:

    * wvHtml: convert your Word document into HTML4.0
    * wvLatex: convert your Word document into visually (pretty) correct
LaTeX
    * wvCleanLatex: convert into 'cleaner' LaTeX containing less visual
mark-up, more suitable for further use and LyX import. Work in progress
    * wvDVI: converts word to DVI. Requires 'latex'
    * wvPS: converts word to PostScript. Requires 'dvips'
    * wvPDF: converts word to Adobe PDF. Requires 'distill' from Adobe
[Someone do a pdflatex or pdfhtml version :-)]
    * wvText: converts word to plain text. Textually correct output
requires 'lynx.' For poor output, this doesn't require anything special.
    * wvAbw: converts word to Abiword format. (Far better just to use
Abiword.)
    * wvWml: converts word to WML for viewing on portable devices like
WebPhones and Palm Pilots.
    * wvRtf: a basic version exists
    * wvMime: can be plugged as a MIME helper application into your
browser/mail client; presents the document on-screen inside GhostView,
while all intermediate files generated go into the /tmp directory.

wv is licensed under the GPL.

-Derek

Let me know if it works.