FS/OS DoS

Author: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: FS/OS DoS
Hans makes an important point in his post.

Being a student of German history I am reminded of a qoute from Pastor Martin Niemöller (a Lutheran minister and vocal critic of Hilter in the 1930s) made after his release from the Dachau concentration camp in 1945. - Dennis Kibbe

"When Hitler attacked the Jews I was not a Jew, therefore I was not concerned.

"And when Hitler attacked the Catholics, I was not a Catholic, and therefore, I was not concerned.

"And when Hitler attacked the unions and the industrialists, I was not a member of the unions and I was not concerned.

"Then Hitler attacked me and the Protestant church — and there was nobody left to be concerned."

Quoting "der.hans" <>:

> moin, moin,
>
> we've recently been seeing lots of really bad assaults on the Free
> Software/Open Source community.
>
> DMCA, UCITA, Carnivore, Skylarov, Felton, E911, crypto bans, no court order
> wiretapping, etc.
>
> These are all attacks on our freedoms. They are also a sort of Denial of
> Service on our community. When Alan Cox, Jeremy Allison, rms and Bruce
> Perens have to drop everything to respond to something we are losing their
> leadership where we want it, namely building better software.

<SNIP>>

Everyone should have http://www.freedom2surf.net/