Serious cabling problem

Author: Kimi A. Adams
Subject: Serious cabling problem
Brian and all others that have replied,

I would love to talk more on these things. It seems that there are four
points of "patch" between the rooms in each building. There is no direct
cable from us to the other room. Would this make a difference? All the
people that I have talked with tell me that it should work, but it doesn't.

I had someone come out and look things over. Their comment was to either
wireless it or run a cable directly from the Dmark to the other buildings.

Maybe in my rush, I have forgotten to speak about certain aspects of these
buildings or something. But from our hub in our office, located in
building A, we connected a cable to a terminal block about 15 feet away in
the terminal room. From there it's patched into another terminal
block. Not sure if it's in that same room or if it terminates directly in
building B, but the comment was made from the techs who visited today that
it is patched four times before terminating. In the terminal room in
building B, there is a CAT 5, capped with RJ45 wall plate connector. When
you plug a laptop with ethernet card installed into this connector, there
is nothing. This same laptop resides in the server room in my office and
gets connectivity.

Since I am not a cable or transmit/receive geek, I am unsure as to how this
works or how come it doesn't.

Does this give anyone any more light? Hope so, 'cause I need to get this
done. The first person that can help me with little or no expense gets the
golden prize (not yet determined). The person to call or contact here is
Andrew Adams.

Thanks.

Kimi Adams
602-375-5363