Postfix and Unitywave: Need POP-before-SMTP

Author: Rusty Carruth
Subject: Postfix and Unitywave: Need POP-before-SMTP

> Pluggers,
>
> I've signed onto Unitywave's dialup.
>
> They require you to login to their POP server before sending SMTP mail.
>
> BUT NOWHERE is the answer to:
>
> * How do I set Postfix to login to SMTP before sending mail?

(I think you meant 'login to POP' ;-)

Isnt' there a pre-email script in postfix somewhere? At the very least,
you might be able to hack postfix's sending process - remember postfix
breaks everything up into small tasks, so it should be possible to
hack something. (IN the old, positive (correct!) meaning of hack!)

If you are not up to that, let me know and I'll see if I can figure out
where to do it...

rc