Corel Linux

Author: Eric
Subject: Corel Linux
I just got a copy of Corel Office 2000, which comes with a copy of Corel
Linux. It's based on Debian. I am having configuration trouble.

After install, I tried to reset the hostname: "hostname Lappy";

Then for eth0, "ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast
192.168.0.255 up";

I also edited /etc/hosts to match these instructions because the commands I
just iterated did not do it for me. This is not right, is it?

Anyway, then I reboot. After reboot, eth0 is not configured, and the
hostname has defaulted to the one I chose at install.

What else do I need to do?

Thanks

eric