System Clock and Hardware Clock

Author: John (EBo) David
Subject: System Clock and Hardware Clock
Thomas Mondoshawan Tate wrote:

> Oddball question about that, EBo: does Windoze 98/ME understand this? I'd
> like to set my BIOS clock on my laptop (dual booting -- it's a Sony VAIO,
> and a bunch of hardware features are only available to me under Windoze.
> Otherwise, I'd be running pure Linux -- I hate Windoze ME) to UTC so that I
> don't have to dink with it to change timezones, etc.

I typically dual boot myself. What I did when I installed both OS's is
to tell them that my clock is set to UTC and then just specified what
time zone I'm in. Now I reboot and I have the same time no matter which
OS. One time I messed up and had WinNT thinking I was in UTC and Linux
thining it was local... It took a little while to figure that one out
(why was my clock kept jumping something like 7 hours)...

EBo --