CR worm infection attempts

Author: Lowell Hamilton
Subject: CR worm infection attempts
Publishing this information is, imho, a very good idea for this worm.
There are already several other strains and the script kiddies have
started writing their own to say their "gr33tz". Since there are well
over 200k machines still vulnerable and actively probing. Many of these
hosts are starting to be used for other exploits and will continue to do
so until these lazy admins or ignorant users patch their machines. I've
been getting around 2500-4000 attempts an hour all day today!

SecurityFocus and several other organizations have been publishing ip
lists and notifying admins of the probes since the first round of the
infection, so if just one person fails to post the ips they have probed,
there are dozens more that have. If would-be hacker wanted to get an
exploited host list, all they need to do is get a couple friends to list
the hosts that they have been hit by since Aug1, and that alone is
probably 30k hosts to play with.

Lowell