problems with KDE

Author: Technomage
Subject: problems with KDE
tried that as well.

currently running arts-2.1.2-4mdk (latest release).

the funny thing here is this: I run gnome, xfce, afterstep
and all the others with no problems. only KDE has this problem.

There is also a broken link in /dev for the arts device (the specified
file does not exist under /proc where the link points to).

I've seen this on other machines here but don't get the same problem
that I am encountering on my specific box.

could be a hardware fault, but I am using an identical card
to the ones in other boxes here (Vibra16 PnP ISA card).

Technomage Hawke

Blake Barnett wrote:

> What version of artsd are you running? Some early versions had the same
> behavior. Try updating the arts packages.
>
> * Blake

numbered!
My life is my own - No. 6