Introductions

Author: Richard Ibbotson
Subject: Introductions
Hi

> Red Hat 7.1 seems to be current. SuSE is at 7.2 and Mandrake (my
> recommendation) is at 8,0. The numbers mean nothing relative to
> each other - only within each distribution.

Mandrake seems to be the thing for newbies. Friend of mine is trying
out Red Hat 7.2 on some largish commercial servers in a company in
London. Says it's alright. RH 7.0 had some very unpleasant things
in store for people who wanted to compile a kernel. So, I've stayed
away from that.

SuSE 7.2 is very nice for new users and old hands. You can get it
from www.jumbo.com. Professional version. But, Mandrake is probably
best.

Thanks

--