internet terrorism (A preview of whats to come if windows XP…

Author: Jason
Subject: internet terrorism (A preview of whats to come if windows XP makes it to the home market)
One of the things discussed in this article is the scanning of peoples
machines to see if they are infected with something.

Reminds me of an incident in which I received an email from MindSpring
(at the time, ACTUALLY mindspring and not EarthStink) stating that I
probably had such a thing on my machine. I wrote back, asking them
what possibly made them think that.

Turns out, one of their criteria for determining a machine had been
compromised was if it accepted telnet connections (!) because of a
tendency for BackOrifice-using hackers to open a COMMAND.COM on port
23...

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|