CVS Questions

Author: Michael Vanecek
Subject: CVS Questions
I've recently started playing with CVS on my Linux server and have put
my latest website in it. I added an images directory to cvs and
committed it and then added the images within it. When looking at the
cvs repository, the new directory - images/ - is there populated by my
images. But there's also an Attic/ directory there too. I didn't see
anything in the CVS commands responses that indicated creating the
directory, but I may have inadvertantly put it there when adding the
images directory didn't produce the response I was looking for and I
repeated the add and commit commands. Could Attic be a type of backup or
something? I don't see any record of it in the repository, and the
images in it are of an earlier time than the images in the proper images
directory. Using cvs remove doesn't work - can I just delete it?

Cheers,
Mike

--
http://dotfile.net/ - Dedicated to Open Source Software