mysql problem

Author: David A. Sinck
Subject: mysql problem

\_ SMTP quoth Rick Rosinski on 5/22/2001 22:53 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ I am using mySQL 3.23.33.
\_
\_ Once, I had backed up my entire var directory into var.bak, but I made the
\_ mistake of putting that subdirectory in var ... so var/var.bak. Now,
\_ var.bak shows up in the list of databases that I have. The var.bak
\_ subdirectory is long gone, but I can't get rid of var.bak from my database
\_ list. When I invoke "drop database var.bak;", I get an error "You have an
\_ error in your sql ... near '.bak'". I don't know what to do about this, and
\_ I need some help.

Have you tried cycling mysql?

Perhaps create a dummy directory and drop that?

David