PCMCIA eth0

Author: Craig White
Subject: PCMCIA eth0

---
I have the NetGear FA410 - 10/100 PCMCIA - I think it cost me about $45 a
couple of years ago.

Just installed RH7.1 on my Sony PCG-C1X last weekend. First time I booted up
with the NetGear inserted, I manually told Linux that it was a Tulip and it
restarted xinetd and I was connected.

The only problem that I have - which is a minor so I haven't concerned
myself with it, is that the ethernet drivers load before pcmcia so the card
doesn't work at startup. I just wrote a shell script that I manually run
that restarts xinetd and samba - takes a few secs. I should probably just
add a line to rc.local that greps dmesg for whether the card was inserted at
startup and if found execute this script.

Craig