Linux Application Development

Author: David A. Sinck
Subject: Linux Application Development

\_ SMTP quoth Tom Bradford on 5/7/2001 10:16 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ "David A. Sinck" wrote:
\_ >
\_ > \_ SMTP quoth Tom Bradford on 5/6/2001 19:38 as having spake thusly:
\_ > \_
\_ > \_ I suppose I could make blanket statements like "Ruby Sucks", but it
\_ > \_ doesn't. Actually, no language sucks (except maybe Scheme)
\_ >
\_ > *straps on Holy Armor*
\_ >
\_ > Would you care to explain why you don't like Scheme? Given that you
\_ > think only *Scheme* apparently sucks, I'd like to know the reasons
\_ > why, compared to say, Prolog, Lisp, C, and Perl.
\_
\_ Jeez, it was a friggin' joke... Ligthen up you zealots.

My bad then. I thought there was about to be a fun conversation about
languages. :-) If I claim to be recovering from an illness, can I not
go to the padded room this time?

I will say that I don't much care for languages that don't have an
'eval' in them. I want that string to be *code* and I want it now!

Lisp & friends, Perl, Python, Javascript all qualify. Probably lots
of others. Typical mortals like myself don't need eval often, but
when you do, oh is it good to have it.

David

Remember: A cubicle is just a padded room without a door.