SMTP Server

Author: der.hans
Subject: SMTP Server
Am 29. Apr, 2001 schwäzte Jay so:

> However, the message never arrives. Yet, when I startup sendmail||postfix
> for a few minutes, then it sends out the previously written message.
>
> So, it would seem that what I compose with the "mail" command is just
> queued, waiting for me to startup a MTA.

Check your crons. Your MTA should run every 15 minutes to clean up the
queues even if the daemon insn't up to allow incoming mail.

> Is there a way to get the "mail" command to send a 'single-serving'

rm -f /usr/bin/mail
ln -s /usr/bin/pine /usr/bin/mail

:)

Actually, though, I thought mail attempted to call sendmail, which would
then automagically send the mail out. In any case the queue cron should
catch it.

ciao,

der.hans
--