cox & dhcp

Author: Craig White
Subject: cox & dhcp

----
not at all assinine questions...it can be pretty tough.

Yes, you MUST use the cx99999-x hostname in the command line as in....

dhcpcd -h cx999999-x

I should add that if you have a pc (or mac) and can hook it up to cox, and
then get the ip address, subnet mask and router/gateway address from dhcp,
you can set it up as fixed on you linux flavor and forget about the dynamic
client setup altogether.

Craig