Configuring X 4.0.2 with Voodo2 AGP card

Author: RickRosinskirick@rickrosinski.com
Subject: Configuring X 4.0.2 with Voodo2 AGP card
O.K. I am in big trouble now. Can't load X 4.0.2 after installingand
configuring it.. I used xf86cnf -textmode, which braught up the ncurses
configuration (the graphic one couldn't detect my mouse with the "auto"
feature that it uses).
Anyway, I get the following error:

tdfx: Cannot find Voodo3 in Voodo3 (generic) - or something like that.

I checked the new XF86Config and compared it with the old one.
I noticed that the main differences were the "driver" variable. The old one
had "accel" and the new one had "tdfx"

I manually edited the new XF86Config file and replaced "tdfx" with "accel"
and ran startx. Said that no drivers could be found. Then, I tried playing
around with stuff like "vga", "vesa", "tdfx", "s3virge", etc. Nothing!

I have a Voodoo2 AGP card with 16MB sharing ram. For X 3.3.6, I used
Voodoo3 (Generic), and that is what I figured should be used for X 4.0.2.

I need some real help here, I don't want to be using Windows forever!