Ask PLUG: best OS for wireless applications

Author: Deepak Saxena
Subject: Ask PLUG: best OS for wireless applications
I'd have to agree with David. Granted, I'm biased for the same reasons
as him, just a different embedded Linux company. :) In anycase, if you're
looking at GUI availability, you have at least the following options:

Gtk direclty on framebuffer
QT on framebuffer
Nano-X w/MicroWindows (i wouldn't really reccomend it)
PocketLinux (QT based??)
Micro-X
several others that I don't remember at the moment

At MV, we have a demo we show at conferences which is an iPAQ running
I believe Nano-X w/Microwindows and a Lucent wireless card. We also
have a server hooked up to an 802.11b hub and a webcam and you can watch
the webcam on the iPAQ. It's pretty cool. So it does everthing you're
looking for.

~Deepak

On Mar 29 2001, at 14:15, David Mandala was caught saying: