Configuring sendmail on SuSE Linux 7.1

Author: Sundar Narayanasamy
Subject: Configuring sendmail on SuSE Linux 7.1
Hi Richard,

I am in the process of moving my website, along with that the mail server
also to my SuSE Linux 7.1 router at home. I have two Windoze 2000
Professional and a Solaris 8 server accessing the gateway.

Do you thing just the Kmail would suffice? I thought that as more of e-mail
client. Anyway, I normally access my mails from my Windoze laptop. I had to
use it because, netscape sucks; netscape 6 totally sucks. And I use Opera on
my Linux box for security reasons.

Anyway if you think, I would be better of configuring, just shoot me a mail
saying yes -- I don't mind giving it a try this weekend.
(There goes my Saturday and Sunday without hiking..!)

Cheers..............!
Sundar

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:24:00 -0700,
wrote:

> SuSE comes with Konqueror and Kmail, have you tried Kmail? It's an

already
> setup email problem kinda like Windows Internet Explorer and Outlook
> Express. Just enter your settings and your ready to send and get mail.
>
> Let me know if you need more info.
>
> Richard L. Proctor
> Krystal Computer Services
> PC Upgrades & Repairs
> 480-699-3098

for
> > some time for developing Java Applications, I never had a chance to
> > configure a mailserver on Linux box.
> >
> > I want to set up a mail server at home. My understanding is to

configure
> > sendmail first and second install POP3 server like qpopper.
> >
> > When I try to set up sendmail on SuSE Linux 7.1, the SuSE handbook says

> > update rc.config for the following variables
> > SENDMAIL_TYPE, SENDMAIL_HOST, SENDMAIL_SMARTHOST........, which I don't
> > see'em in rc.config.
> >
> > Does anybody know of any on-line step-by-step instruction on

configuring
> > sendmail on SuSE7.1 with YaST1 or any other good source you think that

> can
> > benefit from.I did download sendmail. But, instruction that came with

it