linux in the workplace

Author: der.hansPLUGd@LuftHans.com
Subject: linux in the workplace
Am 07. Mar, 2001 schwäzte so:

> I once had an attitude, I hope it never returns! I ruined numerous
> relationships and I lost out on many opportunities.

Agreed, but Dave wasn't necessarily exhibiting an attitude ( you didn't
say he did either, others did :).

> I find those who go with the flow get much further. I worked at a

If I just went with the flow I'd've certainly never gotten into *NIX, much
less stayed with it :).

> It is my experience that getting along and bending a little will get
> you along way. Take it from me. I learned the hard way.

Everything is a compromise.

> I did a test a number of years ago. I had grown my hear very long and
> dressed very casual. One weekend I got a haircut and bought some
> conservative clothing. Monday I arrived at work with a tie and a
> conservative haircut. I was actually treated differently. People
> treated me with more respect. Interesting hu? I had another
> programmer tell me he had had the same experience several years prior.

It will take a long time to correct these incorrect societal prejudices.
In the meantime I'm gonna keep working to fix it :). BTW, those who have a
problem with the way I look and dress are the ones with the attitude. For
the most part I'm indifferent to the whole fashion thing.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
# I chose to use the kernel sources as my documentation. ;-) -- Kevin Buettner