VLAN Trunking? (was Re: do the funky eth...)

Author: Bob George
Subject: VLAN Trunking? (was Re: do the funky eth...)
"der.hans" <> wrote:

> Am 02. Mar, 2001 schwäzte Bob George so:
>
> > A long shot, but they're not running Intel EtherExpress server boards

using
> > VLAN trunking (802.1Q) by any chance, are they? If so, PLEASE let me

know,
> > as I'd love to get one running under Linux!
>
> If you mean
> http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/ans/linux/linanscfg.htm,
> then yeah we're running it on a couple of boxen. It was setup before I got
> here and I've just barely looked at it.

Ah, nice link! Can't see why that didn't pop up in my prior searches.

The reason I asked was that a switch configured for VLAN and/or trunking
might still have had your MAC cached and/or been doing odd things with it.
Without putting more into it, I guess it's hard to say. Nothing like the ol'
off switch to fix it right up!

Thanks for the pointer,

- Bob