BZIP GZIP ZIP ZIP

Author: kyle
Subject: BZIP GZIP ZIP ZIP
I am trying to compress some large files. I am
compress them(2gb) and ftping them from a sun 5.8 box
to a suse 7.0 box and when i uncompress them on the
suse box i get an error: "write error ondump01.dmp: No
such file or directory" my file was called
dump01.dmp.Z
I am not sure why this happened i was thinking because
it was too big. It has happened to me before on really
large files but not on small files. I was thinking of
using bzip, but when i use bzip2 from the sun box it
says it cant find the input file. Any ideas about how
to get my dump files from one box to the next?