[OT] -- Fry's and other retailers

Author: der.hansPLUGd@LuftHans.com
Subject: [OT] -- Fry's and other retailers
Am 11. Feb, 2001 schwäzte CIE-Keith so:

I thought they include an "anything else illegal" clause nowadays? Maybe
that was just 80's TV (last time I watched TV).

> If the warrant is executed in a reasonable manner and while searching
> for that 50lbs of pot they find a box of illegal guns the police can
> charge you with that too. Search warrants are tricky. If they are
> looking for a car that has not been chopped and they look in your desk
> drawer and find a sawed off shotgun that more than likely will not
> pass the test of the "elephant in a shoe box" test. In other words if
> looking for an elephant don't look in a shoe box, it is not reasonable
> to expect to find the elephant in the shoebox. Now if the warrant
> said I was also looking for a letter you had written about wanting to
> sell the elephant, looking in the show box is reasonable because the
> letter could be in there. If I find a sawed off shotgun You will be
> charged with that too.

I think this has more to do the reasonable cause stuff where they don't
need a search warrant.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
# If you're not learning, you're not living. - der.hans