PPPoE & Linux

Author: DeepakSaxenadeepak@csociety.purdue.edu
Subject: PPPoE & Linux
I just got myself a covad.net DSL connection and found out that they
use some strange thing called PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE). Mandrake 7.2
has support for this it would appear, but I'm having trouble getting
it to work. When I do an /etc/rc.d/init.d/adsl start, I get an
error message saying that the file 'eth0' is not found. I looked at
the adsl-start script in /sbin (/usr/sbin? don't remember at the moment)
and I don't see why it's looking for a file called eth0. Anyone
have this working??

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena -

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein