Redhat dhcp bug [Was: Red Hat Linux Training.]

Author: Stephen Smith
Subject: Redhat dhcp bug [Was: Red Hat Linux Training.]
Well then maybe you can take a crack at this bug I have observed with both 6.1 and 7.0.

If you configure an interface to be a dynamic ip (dhcp) in sysconfig, then that interface
will not be configured. Why: the network scripts will call pump and then dhcpcd using
the interface name (i.e eth0, eth1, ...), but the interface doesn't exist yet resulting in
failure.

Solution: Give the interface a dummy IP address, say 10.0.0.1. You will never use this
address of course. Then, once the interfaces have been configured (in another script like
rc.local) run pump or dhcpcd.