interesting problems

Author: Hawke
Subject: interesting problems
wrote:

> Bad memory. Hot chip. Insufficient sacrifices.

nope. brand new and burned in for 3 days just to make sure

> Do you have all the happy updates to rh7?

current with all that I can find.

> Does the message log have any trace of kernel oopses?

none that I've found (will have to run logtail on it though)

> Can you ctrl-alt-f1 to a term, or is it harder than that?

when the system locks, I can't even ctrl-alt-backspace and
even the numlock locks to whatever mode it was in at the time

> Can you ctrl-alt-backspace to shoot X, or is it harder than that?

see above

> Can you ping/surf/ssh into the box from another box?

nope. it locks when thinsg go wrong (which isn't often and only
just tonight for some strange reason)

> And, based on the UPS thread unravelling on the list, how is your
> power quality?

well, not sure about the stability of the power system here.
no brownouts or bumps that I've noticed.

--
visit my webpage:
http://pretorian.ath.cx/~proudhawk

numbered!