sendmail params

Author: sinck@ugive.comsinckugive.com
Subject: sendmail params

\_ I'm using webmin on a Storm Debian 2.2 installation to set up sendmail
\_ parameters. I can send mail out, but when I send it into the server, I get an
\_ error from my ISP telling me that the addresses were bad and that relaying
\_ isn't supported.
\_
\_ What should I put in the aliases box to get it to accept things properly?
\_ Right now, it only contains
\_
\_ localhost.
\_
\_
\_ It shows something like 'mydomain.mydomain.com', which seems odd to me. Why
\_ is the domain name duplicated?

sendmail.cw needs to have a fqdn for every host you don't want
sendmail to hate outright. It might still hate them, but that'll come
later.

\_ Also, I've got a few different user-ids on this box. How do I set things up
\_ so that non-matching user-ids are all routed to one of them?

Check for virtusertable (at least on RH6.2) and stick a line in there
for each fqdn:

@fqdn1.com    localusername
@fqdn2.com    localusername2

David